- J. L. Campbell. Si(Li) detector response and PIXE spectrum fitting. Seventh Int. Conf. on PIXE and its applications, Padua, Italy, June 1995. Nucl. Instrum. Meth. B109/110
- J.L. Campbell, J.A. Maxwell, T. Papp and G. White. Si(Li) detector lineshapes: contributions from atomic physics and detector properties. X-Ray Spectrometry 26, 223-231 (1997) 71-78 (1996).
- J.L. Campbell, G. Cauchon, M.-C. Lepy, L. McDonald, J. Plagnard, P. Stemmler, W.J. Teesdale and G. White. A quantitative explanation of low energy tailing features of Si(Li) and Ge X-ray detectors, using synchrotron radiation. Nucl. Instrum. Methods, A 418, 394-404 (1998).
- T. Papp, J.L. Campbell, D. Varga and G. Kalinka. An alternative approach to the response function of Si(Li) X-ray detectors based on XPS study of silicon and front contact materials. Nucl. Instr. Meth. A412, 109-122. (1998).
- J.L. Campbell, L. MacDonald, T.L. Hopman. Simulations of Si(Li) x-ray detector response. X-Ray Spectrom. 30 , 230-241 (2001).
- T. Hopman, J.L. Campbell. 2002. Determination of the solid angle of a Si(Li) detector. X-Ray Spectrometry 31, 345-352 (2002)
- J.L. Campbell and J.M. O'Meara. Corrections to the conventional approach to Si(Li) detector efficiency. X-ray Spectrom., 33, 146-157 (2004)